News of 2012
- November 5th, 2012: Heidi is awarded funding via the pilot grant of the “Internationale Stichting Alzheimer Onderzoek (ISAO)” for her project: “Hidden, oft forgotten: the cerebellum in dementia”
- On October 26th, 2012, Heidi will present a poster on at the International College of Geriatric Psychoneuropharmacology (ICGP) in Sevilla between 2:00 and 3:00pm. Topic: white matter lesions are positively related to cortical thickness in dementia. Come and talk to me (poster number 21)!
- On October 24th, 2012, Heidi will receive the Junior Researchers Award from the International College of Geriatric Psychoneuropharmacology (ICGP) in Sevilla, Spain(http://www.icgp-sepg-sevilla2012-meetings.org/index.php/en/programme/miercoles-24-de-octubre-2012)
- October 18th, 2012: Heidi will be part of the defense committee of Ms. Carmen Echavarri Zalba (dissertation: Multiple pathologies in dementia) at Maastricht University
- September 3rd, 2012: Heidi’s research was discussed in the newsletter of the Alzheimer Centre Limburg
- August 3rd, 2012: Heidi’s paper on the scientific and clinical implications of loss of connectivity and an increase of compensatory mechanisms in the parietal lobe has been accepted in the German journal “Klinische Neurophysiologie”.
- On July 3rd, 2012, Heidi will present a poster on effective connectivity patterns in the parietal lobe in early Alzheimer’s disease, during the INM retreat at the Forschungszentrum Juelich! Come and visit me (poster 35, yellow section)!
- On May 16th, 2012, Heidi will be awarded with the most impressive paper award of 2011-2012 of the School for Mental Health and Neuroscience. She will then give a talk on an integrative approach towards the parietal lobe in early Alzheimer’s disease at the MHeNS Research Day in Maastricht (The Netherlands).
- May 2nd, 2012: Heidi worked together with Dr. Ed Gronenschild on the effect of FreeSurfer version, workstation type and operating system on cortical thickness and volume measurements. The results of this study are accepted for publication in PLoS ONE.
- April 10th, 2012: I am looking for a PhD-student to investigate the effects of cognitive training on brain structure and function in patient with memory deficits. Contact me in Juelich if you are interested!
- On April 3rd, 2012, Heidi will give a talk on structural and functional evidence for the relevance of the parietal lobe in early Alzheimer’s disease at the Voorjaarsmeeting of the Dutch Association for Psychiatry (NVvP) in Maastricht (The Netherlands).
- March, 16th: Heidi won the price for the best poster on the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Neurophysiologie und Funktionelle Bildgebung (DGKN) in Cologne
- On March 15th, 2012, Heidi will present a poster on effective connectivity patterns in the parietal lobe of patients with early Alzheimer’s disease at the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Neurophysiologie und Funktionelle Bildgebung (DGKN) in Cologne, Germany. Come and visit me between 1:45 - 3:15pm (poster session 5).
- On March 2nd, 2012, Heidi will give a talk on the role of the parietal lobe in early Alzheimer’s disease during the winter meeting of Gerontology and Geriatrics in Oostende (Belgium)
- February 22th, 2012: Heidi’s work on grey (cortical thickness) and white matter changes (DTI) in individuals with memory decline over a period of 12 years has been accepted for publication in Current Alzheimer Research
- January 25th, 2012: Heidi was interviewed by Radio 5 (Hoe?Zo!)
- January 24th, 2012: The Neurology paper also received attention in the Netherlands:
English version: Brain fights forgetfulness.pdf
- January 21st, 2012: Heidi’s work published in Neurology received media attention in Germany:
English version: Press releases_Brain Fights Forgetfulness.pdf
- January 12th, 2012: Heidi’s multimodal neuroimaging study on visuospatial processing in early Alzheimer’s disease is accepted for publication in Cortex